Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Full Assed Half Bath

So in my last post I tackled cabinets. I killed it. I felt good but not yet ready. I needed to do some things that used drawers and I needed to do some things that used real (read expensive) walnut plywood. So I took on a few projects to hone my skills and make progress at the same time.

First up was the downstairs vanity. It is supposed to be a very simple but floating cabinet for a small and narrow Ikea sink. I brought all my chops to it and it came together nicely.


My cuts and measurements are bang on now.


Lots of loose tenons in mortises courtesy of the Festool Domino. Love that tool.


First use of the Walnut ply which we went with to be a darker and more character filled wood than the cedar. It is a great piece and super strong and simple. I'm very happy with how it came out.


No comments:

Post a Comment